12/9/08

Christmas is coming.............

We have officially starting celebrating Christmas which makes me so happy cause it is my FAVORITE holiday. On thursday we went to the Polar Express with my friend Ann and her family its kind of a tradition. The kids wear there jammies for a train ride where they read the Polar Express, get served hot chocolate and cookies by elfs and a cook, sing christmas songs, and get visited by Santa and Mrs. Claus. They even get there own reindeer bell! Its a long night, but a great memory!




2 days later we had breakfst with Santa. Santa came and took a picture with Curt for the paper it was pretty funny. Taylor refuses to get close to Santa and just wants to leave him a list by the tree. Cam on the other hand wants to go home with him, and says ho ho ho whenever he sees one.





Then on Sunday we made gingerbread houses. Its a Payne family tradition, and its a lot of fun. My kids eat more than make it on the house but thats part of the fun of gingerbread house making. By the end of the night they were pretty tuckered out, it was a busy week with more to come.













11 comments:

AIMEE said...

Love the new blog update... It's really cute. You've been very busy. Oh, and next year, we are inviting ourselves to come with you guys on the train ride.

Ashley said...

Curt and i have been wanting to do the polar express thing too, probably next year for sure. OK how is it that you don't even look preggo in the first pic but you do in the second one??? Weird what the camera can do. You are looking great though, wish i could say the same for me.hehe

Jenny H said...

Ummm...I am not so sure Taylor's dislike of being near Santa was properly discussed here. It has to be seen in person; it is so funny.
The polar express looks like a ton of fun.

Ashley said...

hey i actually didn't see anything, so that might be a sign that it is a girl, but we still don't know for sure. I am glad I only have 9 more weeks left of guessing though, it is kind of driving me crazy at this point.

Cody and Utahna said...

What great traditions! Is the Polar Express downtown? Doesn't it break your back picking Taylor up? I'm very impressed with your gingerbread houses. They're so cute! Are they still in tact?

Farrah said...

How fun is that? I keep saying I'm going to do the Polar Express and just haven't yet. I think that is so funny that Cam wants everything to do with santa. Too cute! What fun traditions!

Burnham Family said...

Nikki.....Hi!!!

Anonymous said...

I want to make a gingerbread house! It has been sooo long!!! What a fun activity to do the polar express. I wish we had stuff like that here.

buzzanna said...

The train ride looks so fun! I love that idea. Our family makes gingerbread houses and is one ofour favorite things.

Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

jbel said...

Hey Curt- it's Little Jen from BYU-H. I was blog stocking and saw a link for a Curt Albright ... I knew there could only be 1 of you! Ha! Your fam is beautiful. Who'd have ever thought you'd settle down some day? Now that I've outed myself I guess I should send you the link for our family blog. (www.belnapbusiness.blogspot.com)
take care!

AIMEE said...

If you are still on Facebook, look for me as Aimee Adams-Mitchell. I tried to find you & I couldn't. I hope you had a great Christmas! Let's get the girls together.