11/17/08

Karmas a .............

So I have been known for saying karmas a bitch she'll always come back to get you! Well it sure did! We have been so excited for our trip to Hawaii to visit G-ma and G-pa beach, little did we now what awaited us on the airplane. We get seated in our row and the people in front of us are just pissed they are seated by kids(there were also kids to their left). They sat there debating who they would ask to switch seats with and then decided they would tough it out. So about 2 hours into the plane ride Taylor was laying on my lap and Cam was sitting on my lap. Taylor turns to me and starts puking all over not once, not twice over and over again, all landing on my legs, crouch, and left side. Cam in response throws up on my front, they together left no spot untouched. I thought what am I gonna do I brought the kids a change of clothes, not me. So after I cleaned off the kids, seats, floor and everywhere the puke splattered I looked at myself and thought "what in the hell am I gonna do now". That's when it started as I walked towards the back of the plane the Looks, the same "Are you freaking kidding me looks" I've been giving people. There were a few compassionate looks, a few disgusted looks, and a lot of pissed of looks, like I intentionally poisoned my kids just to piss them off. So I go in the bathroom wash of my pants take off my shirt and put on my zip up non-maternity hoodie, that is not long enough to cover my now wet, stinky maternity pants. So Cam threw up 3 or 4 more times, both kids didn't sleep an ounce, my sweatshirt was now covered in puke and my right side. I don't now how we survived the last 31/2 hours, but we did. I almost broke down and thank goodness for the drug Zofran my generous doctor prescribed me. The people in front of us was our only entertainment I was tempted on more than one occasion to accidentally spill the barf bag, or accidentally tell the 80 year old man that his dye job sucked, and apologize that their annoying 45 year old gay photographer son was attending their special trip. As we got off the plane with 2 naked kids except for socks and panties we got the looks again, if you have any sort of imagination I'm sure this is pretty funny to imagine me walking around with my elastic waistband pants covered in throw up, my too small hoodie barely covering my belly button, and G's popping out the left, right and in between. I'm sure you could smell us from at least 10 feet. As we walked everyone stared, some laughed and said "Tough flight". But we got those looks the same looks I give and all I could think was man karma shes one mean lady! We got to the bottom of the escalator at the kahului airport and was greeted by a smile and good look from G-pa beach, I needed it I was about ready to snap. Well this story dragged on long so sorry if you stuck it out to the end but I needed to vent. Well the kids have been fine since we landed, and I'm sure it won't be hard to enjoy the rest of our trip. We will post happy pictures later!

12 comments:

Jenny H said...

Oh Nikki. How awful. I heard about your flight and was miserable for you. Deak threw up our entire trip home from Boston,and it was not fun at all. I can't imagine both kiddos and germ freak Curt to boot.
I hope the rest of your time is fabulous!!

Nate and Camie said...

You poor thing. How embarrassing. What a funny story though. Hopefully you can some day look back and laugh at it. I hope you're having a good time.

Kelli K said...

sister! i can't believe that story, mom told me! i'm so sorry for you... but the good news is that now you are in maui for a week. and just don't feed the kids before you fly next time :)... i love you be safe and have fun at the beach!!

Kathy and Maddi said...

Story was better the 2nd time. What dosen't kill you makes you stronger. Ha Ha

Dan~Kerst~Bree~Bryce~Braden~Briggs~Brooklyn said...

Yikes. Bree did that to me once in a restaurant (she was kind of choking on ice and coughed everything up on me but I got to go home). Hopefully you will enjoy Hawaii so much that you'll forget the plane ride over. :)

Farrah said...

Okay that sounds like the worst experience ever! I am so sorry! I don't think I could have handled it. I freak out enough when one of the kids puke in the car on a road trip, but I've never been trapped in a plane for 5 hours. You're a trooper and just think of the great story you'll have to tell now! someday it will be funny! =)

Cody and Utahna said...

Holy Cow! You are a trooper. The only thing to do in those moments is get through them, and laugh about them a few years down the road. I'm sure you'll be prepared for the flight home, though!!!

buzzanna said...

Oh no! We just flew with kids for the 1st time last week and I was stressed out enough. I CANNOT imagine dealing with something like this. I'm queasy thinking about it.

I am so sorry for you, and for everyone else on board. So not fun!

Ashley said...

wow that is BAD I would have died! Old people have no holds barred when it comes to how they feel about kids, come on like they didn't raise some of their own at one time or another. I am so sorry for you and being pregnant just takes it to another level. Glad you get to spend time in Hawaii to unwind.

Anonymous said...

So, it's been since like Jr. High when we last talked, but I've been blog surfing and came across yours. Puke aside, I wanted to say your kids are absolutely adorable! Congrats on the 3rd on the way (although, trust me, 3 is the one that kills you).
Maquel (Shaw) Christopher

Missy said...

That was an awesome story and you told it so well. I only wish I could have been there to witness it. Hope you have a better flight home.

Dan & Keri said...

Nik, I laughed so hard reading this I was almost crying. I hope the trip was well worth it. Miss ya and hope you guys are well!